Cornerstone exists because of Jesus. We'd love to show you how your story matters to him, and how his story matters for you.
The church isn't an organization or a building. The church is a family—God’s family, filled with redeemed sinners that are now his children because of Jesus.
Just like a vine grows best with a good trellis, our church family grows best with good programs. Our programs and ministries are tailored to support the community and mission God has given us.
Paul provides us with an example of what it looks like to truly enjoy the blessings God gives us. He cherishes his relationships with Timothy and Epaphroditus and communicates the depth of his love and care for them. However, like all blessings, in addition to deeply enjoying these relationships, Paul is also willing to send them away for the sake of the gospel. In doing so, he models for all of us the humility he has been emphasizing for the entire chapter.
1. What are some of God's greatest blessings in your life?
2. Are you truly cherishing and enjoying those blessings? If not, what hinders your enjoyment?
3. In what ways are you planning / preparing to part with those blessings for the sake of the Gospel?
4. How would your life be different if you lived it "ready to share," planning to part with many of your blessings for the sake of the Gospel?
5. What might God be calling you to prepare to part with now? In the next 2, 5, or 10 years?
Scott serves the church by overseeing leadership, development, global ministries, and counseling/discipleship.
Additional sermons that might be of interest.
Suggestions from related topics.