Cornerstone exists because of Jesus. We'd love to show you how your story matters to him, and how his story matters for you.
The church isn't an organization or a building. The church is a family—God’s family, filled with redeemed sinners that are now his children because of Jesus.
Just like a vine grows best with a good trellis, our church family grows best with good programs. Our programs and ministries are tailored to support the community and mission God has given us.
1 Timothy 6:10
1 John 3:17
Throughout the Bible it is clear that God cares deeply for those who are poor and marginalized in society. Those who the world despises, God loves. Those who are considered unimportant and without value are considered first and eternally valuable in the Kingdom of God. The poor and the marginalized are found in every corner of this world, and always share the characteristics of lacking material possessions and lacking the power and opportunity to break out of poverty. Christians have a responsibility to care for, serve, and welcome into the local community those who are marginalized.
1. Why does God have such a profound heart for the poor and the marginalized?
2. Who are the poor and the marginalized in Los Angeles?
3. How can you cultivate a love and compassion for those who are suffering in these ways?
4. How is God calling you to serve the marginalized?
5. What stands in the way of Cornerstone being a community that is welcoming to the marginalized? What can you do to help make that a reality?
Matt serves Cornerstone by overseeing Family Ministries.
Additional sermons that might be of interest.
Suggestions from related topics.