Cornerstone exists because of Jesus. We'd love to show you how your story matters to him, and how his story matters for you.
The church isn't an organization or a building. The church is a family—God’s family, filled with redeemed sinners that are now his children because of Jesus.
Just like a vine grows best with a good trellis, our church family grows best with good programs. Our programs and ministries are tailored to support the community and mission God has given us.
2 Corinthians 3:18
We all want to change and grow, but we are sometimes fuzzy on the end goal. In what direction should that change and growth take us? What are we aiming for? God makes clear that the basic Christian life is growth in a single, encompassing direction: Christlikeness. As we walk in love for God and love for others, God is growing us to look more and more like his Son. We need to keep our eyes on him, then, as we walk, so we are walking in the right direction.
1. When you think about how you'd like to grow or change, what areas of your life or personality come up? What do those tell you about your goals in life?
2. What's on your "list" of a good person or a good Christian? Where did you get your list from?
3. If you haven't already, identify some of the false goals you are tempted to pursue. What about reaching those goals would be satisfying? What about reaching those goals would be unsatisfying?
4. Do you think that Christlikeness is ultimately satisfying? Why or why not?
5. How would your "list" change if you saw Christlikeness as the end goal of your Christian growth?
Brian serves the church by overseeing preaching and Sunday morning services at Cornerstone.
Additional sermons that might be of interest.
Suggestions from related topics.