Cornerstone exists because of Jesus. We are a people who have been transformed by the gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ. Through Jesus’ death and resurrection, God has forgiven us and adopted us into his family. Now, we have a whole new life.
Through the gospel, God redeems us, forgives us, and adopts us into his family. The good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection makes each one of us a new creation and gives us a new identity: children of God. This is why we can never think of the church as an organization or a building. The church is actually a family—God’s family, filled with redeemed sinners that are now his children.
Through the gospel, God forgives us, adopts us into his family, and makes us his disciples. This means that the church is not just any family. We are a family formed by God—and sent out with a purpose.
The church is a family that ministers to one another, cares for one another, and builds one another up. Each member of the family is a child of God who is uniquely gifted to bless the family and to be a light in our city.
Just like a vine grows best with a good trellis, our church family grows best with good programs. Our programs and ministries are tailored to support the community and mission God has given us.
"Church is the place where everyone pitches in to help."
Most of our service to one another takes place in the flow of daily life—a friend needs some help moving, or some encouragement after a tough day. But serving others also extends to some of the more general needs of the church body. Below are some easy ways to get started serving at Cornerstone. Please contact email@example.com with the area you are interested in serving to get started.
Help make Cornerstone a great host to regulars and visitors on Sunday mornings! Join up with the hospitality team and...
• Get our building ready for our Sunday guests
• Greet folks in the courtyard
• Welcome people into our sanctuary
• Prepare and serve refreshments in our coffee shop
Serve with the crew that manages the technical elements of our services. If you have any experience in the following areas—or if you’d like to learn!—this team is for you:
• Slide Manager: help people sing, read Scripture, and follow along in our service.
• Sound Operator: help people hear our music by running the soundboard
• Sunday Coordinator: wrangle details, volunteers, and timing of our Sunday mornings.
Care for Cornerstone’s youngest in our colorful children’s rooms!
• Babies: For people who like holding babies
• Toddlers: Enjoy coloring? The toddler room is for you.
• Pre-school: Lead our preschool aged kids in a Bible lesson.
• Jr. Church: Help our older children learn during our sermons
Help love and care for the poor and marginalized in our local community in the following areas:
• Homeless ministries
• Service projects
• Human trafficking/Sex industry outreach
• Community events
• The unborn
• Foster children
Serve with the design and web team in the following areas
• Utilize your HTML, CSS, or PHP skills to help further develop our website
• Photograph church events to help tell a story and document life at Cornerstone
• Help design sermon series graphics
• Help design Sunday morning slides
• Help design and format print materials
Help support special events coordinators in the following areas:
• Decorating for seasonal events (Christmas, Easter, etc)
• Memorial Receptions (Setup, etc)
• Weddings (Setup, etc)
Suggestions from related topics.